My dad is the most amazing person. He is the most generous, thoughtful, and selfless person I have ever known in my life! I am so lucky to have him as my father. He has taught me so many things in my life. He has set such a great example for me. He would give the clothes off his back just to help anyone in need. I can only hope to become half the person he is. I love how much he loves my mom. He simply adores her and I swear their love for each other only grows with each passing day. I love how you can see the love he has for her every time he looks at her. I love how his eyes sparkle when he gets excited. I love how he pats the top of his head after he gets done brushing his hair. I love how I inherited his crooked front tooth. I love when he calls me "Kristi Sou". I love how silly he gets around my kids. They can get him to do ANYTHING!!! He becomes a kid again whenever they are around. I love that he turns 29 every year on his birthday. I love how much he loves his mom (my grandma) and the way he talks about her. I love his half smile when I do something really stupid and funny and he's trying not to smile. I love how hardworking he is. I love the tricks he pulls on his two Buddy's, Darnell and Ed. Like when he switched the regular hot tamales for the RED HOT hot tamales when they were playing pool. I laugh just thinking about how giddy he got talking about his plan to do that. I love his laugh. I love hearing stories of his childhood. I love his BBQ steak. I love when he stops by randomly just to say hi. I love how much he loves my children. I love that he and Jett are so close. I love how fired up he gets when Jett plays his tricks on him. I love the tricks he TRIES to pull on Jett but they never really pan out. I love camping with him. I love the trips to Lagoon and Island Park. I love how special he makes me feel on my birthday. I love going 4-wheeling with him. I love going to lunch with him and Jett on Wednesdays. I love that he has a favorite waitress at Butterburrs and all he has to do is point at her and she takes us to our seat right away. I love that he refers to my mom as his"eternal companion". I love that he will babysit his grand babies ONLY if they don't poop. I love that when his grand babies do poop he tells the mom that they have "an odor about them". I love that he has unconditional love for me. I love how he thinks me pulling my eyebrows and lip up with an invisible piece of string is SO FUNNY!!!! I love that his favorite color is red. I love when he and my mom take the GTO for a spin and he totally peels out every time. I love his strength. He is one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world and I love him with all of my heart. Thank you so much, Dad, for being you and I hope you had the greatest birth

Playing
"freeze dance"
with my kids


With me atthe hospital
with Tyke
Wrestling withthe
grand
kiddies


Spoiling the grand
kiddies
with soda!!
him taking a bite
of my steak while
on the grill!!!
his "Eternal
Companion"




2 comments:
Hi! This is Mandy Smith. (Jett's cousin, Andy's wife) I hope that helps. I enjoy your blog and love being able to keep in touch. I hope you don't mind. You have such cute kids. If you would like to look at my blog, I would it. I am private, so I will need your email to invite you. Hope to hear from you. I am very jelous, the pedi looks great! I haven't had one since I graduated beauty school. Too long! (asmith@icsofidaho.net)
Kristi- this is Lauren Hansen. I love the post about your Dad. What a tribute to him. Sounds like you have a fantastic relationship. I think that is awesome. I really enjoyed reading about all the things you love about him. My blog is private so e-mail me your address so I can invite you. gooferhansen@hotmail.com
Post a Comment