Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Did It....I Cut Masi's Hair!!!

I knew the day was soon coming that Masi would want me to cut her hair. Lexie was 6 when she begged to have her hair cut. I give in in hopes that if I let them do what they want with their hair they will want it long when they get older. Now it was really hard for me to cut Lexie's long beautiful hair but I really ended up liking it a little shorter on her cute face. Masi, on the other hand, has the thickest, longest, most beautiful hair EVER!!!! I'm serious people. You don't see hair like this on kids often...believe me.
So, I put it off and put it off. Masi was asking EVERYDAY to PLEASE cut her hair short. Then she began writing books about a girl who got her hair cut short.
Fine.
I finally gave in. Now, granted, I tricked her a bit and didn't cut it quite as short as she wanted but remember her hair was all the way to the middle of her bum. I framed it around her face giving her the illusion that her hair was about to her shoulders. Then I just cut the back of her hair to the middle of her back. A whopping 8 inches!!! She was very pleased and flipped her hair every which way. Well...until she figured it out (a couple days later) that the back wasn't as short as the front. Now she wants to me to cut it ever shorter!!!
Maybe someday. Her hair is super cute though. Long or short she is still my beautiful Masi Girl!
5/21/2009

No comments: