Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sweet Days of Summer

It was so fun for the most of the fam to meet up and go to the 24th of July parade. It was a beautiful and very HOT day.
Here's most of the crew (l to r): Ady, Kesley, Kaiden, Kendall, Lexie, Kylie, Tyke, Hayden, Me, SpencerTenae and I were dying at this man with the PINK umbrella. Hmmm...? Masi loved the horses, of course. I like how the one has leg warmers! Very stylish. Lori, Moi, and Spencer
I always am so grateful I live in these days instead of the Pilgrim days. I would be very tired from all that walking! ;o)After the parade, Tenae and I thought it would be fun if we went to the Marina, seeings it was so darn hot. I think it was like 98 degrees that day. Whew! HOT! So, we packed a picnic and headed out.
Kaiden and Tyke
Tyke, Kelsey, Kaiden, Kylie and Lexie
I love Kaidens swim gear!
Splish'n and a splash'n
To add to the fun, my Aunt Vennie showed up with her boat so we could ski and tube! Woo-Hoo!!
Kylie, Lexie, Kendall, Tyke, Dad, and Vennie
Craig and Tyke. Craig being a goofball, weird, I know.
Ashton
Me and Craig
Tenae, Kaiden, Masi, and DadLove this pic of Kylie and LexieKendallCraigTyke watching Craig ski. Look at his ski gloves. They're a bit large. He's so cute!

Ashty watching his Dad. Precious.
Sweet Masi
Ashton love'n the boat ride!
Check this out. As we were driving on the boat there were a bunch of ducks on the water. Nothing unusual, right? As we would get closer they would duck under water and out of sight. Well, these ducks were different. As we drove by, the didn't duck. They stayed afloat and hissed at us. We thought it was strange so we turned around and drove right up to them. They hissed and hissed then finally ducked under water. To our surprise we saw 2 tiny ducklings pop up out of the water! They were burrowed in each of their parents back feathers. They were warning us to stay back. Don't worry, the baby ducks were just fine. They swam back to each other and hopped back up onto the mom's back and off they went. It was so neat.
Stay away!
You can see the baby on the left of the picture. He's under the wing.Up popped the baby!
Made it back to MomHopped right back on.Their babies were safe and sound so we left them alone and they went on their merry way.

2 comments:

The Boyers said...

Love it love it!!! How cute are those baby ducks!

Tenae said...

What cracks me up about the pink umbrella guy is in the picture you posted he is running into the middle of the street to get candy! AND he wasnt even shading a little kid or anything. He held that umbrella THE WHOLE PARADE! ha ha
That was a fun day!